Friday, March 8, 2013

The Boston Tea Party

The Boston Tea Party

     About a year and half, two years ago, I made the trek to the dental office where my sister works.  Granny and the boys and I had been living in the Pasadena/Houston area for probably a year at this time.  Granny was going to spend a few days with my sister Wendy,so we scheduled my appointment on a Friday morning, as my sister gets off early on those days. My appointment would finish up right at lunch time (knock off time for my sis) so that we could all three have lunch together at one of my favorite spots (Sweet Tomatoes) and then Wendy and Granny could go off to her house and I would drive back home.

     So we are sitting at Sweet Tomatoes (great, now im starved!), we had just gotten our trays to our table, gotten situated and Wendy and I got up to get our drinks. Iced Tea for Wendy and Granny and water or Coke for me ( I dont remember which). When Wendy and I got back to the table, Wendy asked me "You dont like Tea?  That's right I forgot you dont like tea!" So Granny says "Well nooooo, she dont like tea, Puh never liked tea." (Puh is short for Apuh which is how Granny pronounced my name (April))  So, I said, " No ive never liked iced tea, and I always wished I did because Mom always had it in the house, I even have tried it every once in a while to see if my taste has changed, but I just cant swallow it, dont like the taste of it"  Granny...."No, you dont like stuff if you dont like it" (always trying to be part of the conversation, loving it when she could be part of our conversation at her age, God, she just loved us sooooo much, possibly even admired us).  So I then say " I do like Hot Tea every now and then, with cream in it"  "Cream?  in TEA?!" Wendy asked. 

     So here goes Granny, saying so matter-of-factly, like Wendy had asked THE most stupid question EVER " Well, yea, Wen!  That's how they drank it at the Boston Tea Party!"

No comments:

Post a Comment